Florence & Frances Ball
Were fraternal twins born to William Edward and Nora Ellen (nickname Nell) Ball on June 25, 1919 in Salem, Oregon. These daughters were the last surviving youngest. My maternal grandmother being the eldest with a brother in between.
As twins, they couldn't have looked more different nor alike in their personalities.
Florence tended to be reserved, very lady like. She was married 3 times, and her last husband was her keeper. She had a total of two children. She was musically inclined and I remember when I was quite young her playing the accordian. She used to play at dances during the 40's and 50's. My mother was fairly close to her and spent vacation time with her and her family. She passed away in March 2007.
Frances on the other hand, couldn't be more tomboyish. She used to tell my mother that she wished she was born a boy. She was very out going and I remember her at family get togethers her being silly and pretending she couldn't remember who all of us youngsters were and when we would tell her, she would say, "No your not, you are waaayyy too old to be them." That would make us kids laugh and there would be more bantering back and forth. She was great fun and put everyone in stitches. She married a very, quiet almost shy man who just passed away this last year. She lived to celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary and died in 1997. She has one son.
I remember my Great Aunts and very glad that our family made an effort to have regular family get togethers since as long as I can remember. My mother received Aunt Florence's photo album which I in turn have now. These pictures came from scanning the photos. I learned alot about the Ball family just by analyzing their early lives and the history through these pictures. What a treasure!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

What a great collection of photos of these girls grown to ladies! Love these photos and their story! Fantastic entry - thanks for sharing!

Janet Iles said...

Thanks for sharing these photos of your great aunts. Each of them sounds like very special people.